Saturday, August 12, 2017

Psalm 72:3 - "Hills and Valleys"


"Hills and valleys...God of the hills and valleys...I am not alone..." Alright, God...what am I missing that You want me to get from this song? There is a part of this song that goes...

On the mountains, I will bow my life
to the one who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes to the one who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain aft, didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley end, no am not alone!


Yes! This is exactly how I desire to live. No matter what happens I want to keep my focus on the Lord. I think of what I heard yesterday with the mother of the young adult daughter who died. The mother was so distraught during the time her daughter was in a coma and she said something along the lines that if God didn't perform a miracle and heal her daughter she didn't think she could believe in Him any longer. Oh how I pray she changes her mind. Her son-in-law needs support as he faces making arrangements for his wife and cares for their three small children. She also needs to have the Lord's strength during these tough days. As the song says, when we have Him in our life we "are not alone" no matter if we are in the 'hills' or the 'valleys' of life. He is always with us. The desire of His heart is for us to have His strength. He desires for us to keep the faith and allow Him to work through the tough things we experience in life. He desires for us to see Him as our Hope.

I was reading in Psalm 72 this morning and stopped at verse three to ponder. When we are on a "mountain" in life, we see how the Lord blesses us in abundance. Many times we can feel His presence as we bask in being there. When we are on a "hill" in life, we can feel distraught yet many times that is where we gain more of the Lord. As we seek more of Him, we will find Him in a new way. "...the fruit of righteousness" Yes! That is exactly what I desire. I desire to live more like Him. I desire to think like Him. I desire to be Christ-like in my thoughts and what I do. I desire to hear His voice and walk in obedience.


Dear Jesus,
Once again I come to You asking what I am missing from this song. Is it me or someone who will read this that needs to hear what You have to say? Father, cleanse me so I can hear Your voice. Use me in a mighty way today by empowering me. Give me Your words, actions and attitude so people will see You instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.


No comments: