Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Jeremiah 29:11 - "Cinderella"



I woke up this morning to the song "Cinderella" going through my mind and immediately thought of the video made for Jeremy's family. These prompted me to pray for Becky and the girls. I cannot begin to imagine all of the emotions they are going through. Having the 'firsts' without their husband and Daddy would be so hard. I started thinking about how his oldest stood and gave such a fine tribute to her Daddy at the memorial service. Jesus and His strength oozed from her. Jeremy led his family as a godly man. He showed them how to depend upon the Lord. The way he loved all he came in contact with was the example of being Jesus. It is because of this that they will adjust easier without him than those who don't have such a relationship with the Lord. The few short years Jeremy had on this earth as a husband and father were not wasted. He leaves a legacy that is beyond the normal. It is hard for many adults to begin to understand 'why' when someone so young dies but it is even harder for the children left behind. Picking up the pieces of life and starting over without a loved one can be difficult but I have faith in Becky and the girls. I see Jeremy's strength from His Heavenly Father in them. Jeremy had no doubt where he would spend eternity and I believe the same can be said for Becky and the girls. My prayers continue to be with them along with Ricki, Bob, Chris, Bradley and the rest of the family. Yes there will be some tough days but praise the Lord they all know they will be reunited with Jeremy some day. May more families come to know that same Hope.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for this dear family. Thank You for their faith and hope in You. Father, I pray for others to come into such a relationship. I pray You will use me to make a difference in people's lives as You used Jeremy. May I live out my life for You as he did. Father, be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. May everyone I come in contact with see/hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.

No comments: