Saturday, August 26, 2017

II Timothy 1:7 - "No Longer Slaves"

There are two things I think I have always been fearful of in life. One is mice and the other is the dentist. I blame the first on the experiences I had living on the farm. The second was caused by the nasty experience I had with my first dentist as a little girl. Yesterday was an awesome day in the way the Lord delivered me from the second fear. I have not been to the dentist for a cleaning since moving and actually had not been to one for probably at least a year prior to our move. I seemed to always make excuses to why I didn't go. I had an appointment for a cleaning last winter but then radiation treatments came into my life so I cancelled it. I did go in once after radiation because of what I thought was an issue which thankfully was not. It was then Dr. Donovan told me the effects radiation can cause on the roots. A couple weeks ago I made the decision to call and make an appointment. I started fretting at that point and praying for the Lord to give me strength. I repeated II Timothy 1:7 every time I thought of the appointment. Yesterday morning on the way there I started praying and asking the Lord for His strength and also for His favor financially that the bill would not be extreme. Immediately the song "No Longer Slaves" came into my mind and I felt His Holy Spirit wash down over me. Yes! "I'm no longer a slave to fear...I am a child of God!" Woo hoo! I felt so excited! I couldn't even begin to understand the way I felt. I walked into a dentist office for the very first time without fear. As I sat down in the chair I was blessed with having no nervousness. The lady who cleaned my teeth told me about how she grew up loving to go have her teeth cleaned. Her father was a dentist in the Navy and she knew she wanted to work with the same tools. I can't even imagine having such a childhood. Normally I end up sweating during an appointment and having issues with my 'hippy-hippy shakes' but not yesterday. Dr. Donovan came in when she was finished and checked everything out. Not only was my fear gone but I also was blessed with no cavities and being told there was no sign of radiation issues. The Lord's strength had taken over AND His favor was given. Wow, God! For the first time I can sing these words with the knowledge I am not singing just words but words that I mean...

I am surrounded
By the arms of the father
I am surrounded
By songs of deliverance

We've been liberated
From our bondage
We're the sons and the daughters
Let us sing our freedom

Yesterday Emily posted about how the enemy uses fear along with this picture. I thought I had given everything over to the Lord but it seems like I was holding onto this fear for some reason. What a blessing to to have Him take this "mountain of anxiety" out of my life!


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for delivering me from the bondage of fear over the dentist. I was thinking about how it has taken all these years for this prayer to be answered. I don't know why it did but I am blessed in experiencing it. Praise Your Holy Name! Lord, I pray for more mountains to be knocked down in my life. I pray for more of You in me so You will be seen and heard through me. Be my words, my actions, my focus...most of all my boldness! Lord, I also pray for You to wrap Your arms tighter around the Grimm Family today as they have the Celebration of Life for Jeremy. Be their strength in a mighty way. Enable them to see You through all they come in contact with. Deliver them from the fears of the days ahead. Thank You Jesus for being My Deliverer! Amen.

No comments: