Monday, August 21, 2017

John 14:6-7 - "Jesus"


Some people laugh when the Spirit overtakes them during corporate worship. Some lift their hands. Some shout. I cry. Yesterday I found myself overtaken by the Spirit yet had the conflict of leading worship. What was I to do? I couldn't let the Spirit overtake me to the point of tears when I was suppose to be leading the people. Oh yes I could! I should never say 'no' to the Spirit. I started to feel guilty and the Spirit knocked the enemy down. No guilt...only worship. Not only did the congregation survive but most kept singing themselves. I was so blessed with seeing hands in the air and tears flowing in some others. The Spirit was so heavy. It was awesome. It continues to lay heavy on my heart for those who don't 'get it' but the Lord has reassured me I am not responsible for anyone other than myself. I am praying more people find the life of living in His presence. It really is no secret. All it takes is to surrender self and allow Him to work in and through you in every way possible. I pray they will realize...

There is a truth older than the ages
There is a promise of things yet to come
There is one, born for our salvation 
Jesus

There is a light that overwhelms the darkness
There is a kingdom that forever reigns
There is freedom from the chains that bind us 
Jesus, Jesus

Yes! "Jesus, Jesus"! In Him is where true life is found. I think of Jeremy who lived his life for Him. He was a walking testimony to the Lord. When one saw Jeremy, they saw Jesus. That is exactly what I desire. If I died today, the greatest thing someone could say would be they saw Jesus in me. Pastor Tim said at the memorial service how Mr. Fred would ask the nurses and doctors at the hospital if they knew Jesus. He continued saying how he didn't want his last words on this earth to be 'ooowww' just as Mr. Fred didn't. That struck me hard. We never know when our time on this earth will be over. We never know when the breath we take will be our last or when we will say our last word. That is why it is so important to live a life for Christ. A life filled with no regrets. A life filled with no holding onto bad thoughts of another or of things we should do that we don't. A life where we ask and expect from the Lord. I love the part of this song that goes...

Who walks on the waters
Who speaks to the sea
Who stands in the fire beside me
He roars like a lion
He bled as the lamb
He carries my healing in his hands
Jesus

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessing ahead in this day. Thank You for loving me so greatly and allowing me to experience the work of the Holy Spirit. Father, today I am asking and expecting. It is hard for me to pray for myself but that is exactly what I am doing. The song says "He carries my healing in his hands"...I am tired of this fatigue. This servant needs Your healing touch in a mighty way. I need to be filled with Your Spirit to supernatural power. This fatigue has got to go away and the only way that will happen is through You. If that means more rest, than make the way. If that means less stress, than make the way. If that means instantaneously, than make the way. Thank You Jesus for being My Way. Amen.

No comments: