Sunday, August 13, 2017

Luke 13:22-30; Matthew 6:10; Galatians 5:22-23 - "Oceans"


Prayer requests have been so heavy this week. At 2:40 this morning the Lord woke me to pray for a pastor and gave me a message for him. I remember the day when I would question giving someone a message given to me because I was afraid they would think I was crazy or making things up. No longer do I question God when He gives me a message for someone. I don't have to understand the message. I am just a messenger. As I think about that concept I am blessed in knowing He uses me for a specific purpose. I know He uses me in a lot of ways but when it comes to being His messenger that warms my heart. It also is a blessing to have people ask me to pray for them. Some do not even have a personal relationship with the Lord yet they ask me to pray. That is a step in His direction. They at least know He is real and will answer prayers. The tough ones are the ones who ask me to pray a specific way that is blatantly against God's ways. I always tell them I will pray for them and then pray for their spiritual needs. This morning I continue to pray for...

  • A little boy who is in the middle of a mess with custodial/non-custodial parents
  • A pastor who fell and pulled his hamstring and skinned his knee
  • The family whose wife/mother/daughter had a seizure, went into a coma and died
  • The lady suffering with a large kidney stone
  • A pastor whose cancer has returned and going through treatment
  • A pastor who is preaching for the first time since being threatened to leave her church
  • A young lady who is away for her first job after graduating college
  • A lady who is trying to figure out if her family should move cross-country to care for her father
  • A young man making life-changing decisions who has his heart set on one thing...oh how I pray he listens to God
  • A young boy who went through surgery for a heart condition
  • A young father who continues to be hospitalized for major health issues
  • A father/grandfather/son battling with brain cancer
  • My friend who had knee surgery this week
  • A little boy who appears to be in his last days with a brain tumor
  • A young boy battling leukemia and going through treatments
  • Two babies born this week who were hospitalized with jaundice...strength for their families and healing on their little bodies
  • A man who lost his foot and part of his leg due to diabetes
  • The family torn apart after the husband/father decided he is a woman
  • A pastor's wife who feels like her church does not love or accept her
  • A 'retired' couple who continue to do the Lord's work...spiritual warfare
  • A widower whose health has gone downhill since the death of his wife
  • The father who just returned to work many months after his young son killed himself
My list is pretty long with regular prayer requests...my family, my neighbors, our church family, pastors and their families, missionaries, churches, our country etc. Some days it seems like it gets very heavy but I am thankful the Lord gives me this way to love on people. Yesterday when we realized we had three hours of "free time" we made the decision to go to the beach. What a blessing to live so close! Normally speaking I read while there but yesterday the first hour and a half I zoned out while watching the waves and prayed. I thought of all the requests that recently came to me along with my 'normal' ones. As I prayed the words to "Oceans" came to my mind...

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

He has called me to be a prayer warrior. Some prayers get answered in the way people desire, some do not. I do not pray for people's desire but for His will to be done. We are taught in the Lord's Prayer to pray "thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." There is no disease, relationship conflicts, poverty, etc. in heaven. There is peace, worship, contentment, etc. I pray for these things to happen here on this earth. I pray for more people to live in His presence. I pray for more people to realize the importance of living a holy life. I pray for more people to receive the fruit of the Holy Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23. But first people need to get into relationship with Him...full relationship...not just in word only. My heart breaks for people in the church who are playing church instead of being the church. It also breaks when people get into tough situations and turn away from the Lord instead of allowing Him to be their strength through what they are going through. This morning the tears are falling over the way people are blatantly not listening to Him. There are many who are playing games and are going to lose in the end. Why? I don't understand how anyone can choose to not have the Lord in their life. But I do know the enemy is strong in the ways he fools people. Once again my heart breaks for those who think they are 'ok' with the Lord yet are going to be surprised on Judgement Day. Luke 13:22-30 tells us the door to heaven is narrow and few will walk through it. Oh how I pray for more believers to get serious in their walk with the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so much! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Father, as I prayed during the night, bless all pastors who are going into the pulpit today. I pray they will speak the words You have given them. May the Holy Spirit empower them in a mighty way. I also pray a blessing upon worship leaders who will lead congregations into a spirit of worship. Guide them to bring people into Your presence. Lord, would You cleanse me of anything not of You? I pray for Your words and attitude to be great in me today. May You be heard and seen in my words and actions. Father, I also pray for walls to be knocked down in the lives of people who think they are 'ok' so You can work in and through them. Thank You Jesus for being My Door. Amen.

No comments: