Monday, July 31, 2017

Psalm 96:1-9 - "Sing Unto The Lord"


"Sing God a brand-new song!" Yes! "Brand-new" means freshness. It means different than what has been done in the past. How many times "but we've always done it this way" has been said by people who do not like change. But change can be good. God likes when we change from our old ways to His ways. He likes when we change from living a selfish life to living a life of giving. He likes when we change from being crabby to being joyful. He likes when we decide to think of Him first and to walk in obedience. As we make these type of changes in our life we "Sing God a brand-new song!" Woo hoo! I love the idea of starting each day on a new adventure with God. I know He will take my feet to where He desires and give me His words as I walk in obedience. I also know He will provide strength not only in my physical body but also in my spirit as I walk in His path. He will bless me like He did yesterday with my visit with my dear 94 year old neighbor. He will give me the desires of my heart as I seek to go deeper in my faith. He will empower me to do just what Psalm 96:2-3 tells all to do:

Shout the news of his victory from sea to sea,
Take the news of his glory to the lost,
News of his wonders to one and all!


Yes! This is the job we are set on this earth to accomplish. The only way this will be accomplished is to love with His love. We will not be successful in this accomplishment if we do not forget our own agenda and allow Him to work in and through us. Once we take that step we will be fruitful and multiply. I get so frustrated with believers who don't get this concept but the Lord quickly reminds me they are not my problem. He deals with people in His time and in His way. I need to stay on track in my relationship with Him and pray for them. I still need to encourage them along the way but I must not criticize them or try to change them. We are all different and we come to God in different ways.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. I pray for safe travel mercies and an abundance of strength for the day ahead. I pray You will be my words and actions. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit before I begin this day. Lord, I pray for those who don't know You to come into relationship with You. I also pray for those who do know You to be encouraged to go deeper. Lord, I pray I will sing a new song to You throughout this day. I pray for freshness in my spirit. Thank You Jesus for being My New Song! Amen.


No comments: