Tuesday, August 22, 2017

John 10:27-29 - "Jesus, Loves Me"


When I woke at 2:30, the Lord had me praying for the Grimm Family. They have been in my prayers continually since Jeremy's death. I cannot begin to fathom the depth of their loss. He once again brought to my mind words to the song Jesus, Loves Me... "Jesus, He love me, He loves me, He is for me..." If Jesus loves us so much, why does He allow the death of such a fine young man? What is the purpose of his death? How can anything good come from such a tough situation? All of these questions are going through the minds of many with this situation. The only thing to hold onto is Jesus. He is our Hope that enables us to know we will see Jeremy again. He is our Strength during the tough days ahead without a loved one. He is our Healer as we find a new way of life without our loved one. Perhaps there is someone that will come to know Christ through Jeremy's death into heaven. I am confident there were ones that came to know Him through Jeremy's life on this earth. The song continues.... 

He holds the stars and He holds my heart
With healing hands that bear the scars
The rugged cross where He died for me
My only hope, my everything
 
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being exactly what we need even in times of the death of a loved one. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that gives us hope of eternal life. Father, just as Doc prayed this morning I pray You will use us to be You to all we come in contact with today. Father, my contacts are few compared to his but numbers are not what it is all about. It is about the authenticity we show in our love for You. Spill out of me...my every part of my being have You oozing out of me...be my words, actions and attitude in a mighty way. I continue to ask for Your strength for not only the Grimm Family but all of their family and friends. I continue to pray for strength for John and Tom as they minister while they are hurting themselves. Thank You Jesus for being Our Everything. Amen.

No comments: