Saturday, August 19, 2017

Philippians 4:12-13 - "Better Is One Day"

How lovely is Your dwelling place oh Lord Almighty,
My soul doth long, And even faint for You
Here my heart is satisfied within Your presence
I see beneath the shadow of Your wings

Oh how these words are so full of truth. There is no better place to live but in the presence of the Lord. That is where true contentment is found. True contentment is being content no matter what is happening. Paul tells us in Philippians 4:12-13…


Paul saw tough days and he saw good days but he never gave up. In today’s society when a couple starts having issues in their marriage they file for divorce. When a parent starts having issues with their unruly child, they blame someone else such as the school, the other parents, etc. and throw up their hands and allow the child to do whatever they want. When a person has issues at their workplace, they blame someone else and quit. When things do not go right in life, believers will blame God and turn from him. Or they will blame others and cause issues in relationships. The best thing to do is to go deeper with the Lord and allow Him to work in and through us. We need to take our faith to a new level and trust Him to give us His supernatural strength to enable us to be winners over our situation. God does not like quitters. He loves when we fight with His power. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day I realized what living in Your presence is all about. Thank You for Your strength that empowers me to toughen out physical issues. Thank You for Your empowerment that enables me to win over hurtful issues. There is no better place to be than in Your presence. Father, I pray for more believers to find the peace in Your presence. I pray for the Holy Spirit to come down upon people so they will know You in a whole new way today. Lord, would You use me today to show people Your peace? Would You be my words, actions and most of all attitude throughout this day? Father, I pray for Ms Nancy today as we have the memorial service for Mr Fred. I pray for Your love to wrap around her so much that she will feel Your Strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Presence. Amen.

No comments: