Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Matthew 4:10-11; "He Knows"

As I read Matthew this morning I stopped at chapter 4 to something I never picked up on before. In the very beginning it says that Jesus was led into the wilderness "...by the Spirit for the Test" (MSG). Some people always give the devil credit for putting temptation before them when in fact sometimes it is the Heavenly Father who puts tests before us. Satan is always looking for ways to trip believers up. He likes to make believers look bad to those who are not grounded in faith. Doubt and despair are part of what he likes to see people wallow in. He likes to see them in such distraught that they will sin against God. We must remember the words of Jesus when satan tempted Him...


Satan listened to Jesus and left. We read in verse eleven after he left the "...angels came and attended" Jesus. This lesson is one all believers need to adhere to. We need to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking at our door. We need to remind him God is who we serve. When we do this, God will empower us with His supernatural strength. We also need to remember sometimes when we are going through tough times it is a test. The Lord wants to see if we will pass or fail. He wants to see if we will dig our heels in deeper with Him or if we will give up. When I feel like giving up, He reminds me that He is always with me. When things seem to go wrong time and after time, He reminds me nothing is wrong when He is in charge. What I see as 'wrong' is just a little detour in the way He sees it. His timing is the best timing. His way is the best way. The little detours along the way are places where we can be crabby or we can embrace. We have to make the choice. As we embrace the detours of life He will bless us with His peace. 

This morning I was thinking of how my Daddy use to tell me it was OK to rest but I couldn't stay in bed or the MS would take over. He would tell me that I couldn't give up even when I felt like I couldn't fight anymore. I am so grateful my Heavenly Daddy was my earthly Daddy's strength. I am blessed in having his determination to never give up when the detours of life come along. No matter how hard, no matter how many tears fall, no matter how people treat you...God is there to enable and empower.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the children and teens last night. Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day. Father, I pray You will enable me to stay strong in my faith. Give me Your words and attitude today in a brand new way. Shut my mouth when it needs shut and speak boldly through me when the time comes. May Your will be done in my life today. May You be glorified through me today in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Detour Guide. Amen.

No comments: