Sunday, August 20, 2017

Psalm 5:11-12 - "Home"


Yesterday was a day full of memories. The memorial service for Mr. Fred brought back fond memories of our visits at the hospital, nursing home and their home. They normally included singing hymns and laughing. They also included memories of when he was in church and as Doc said being the ‘amen corner’! Oh, how he will be missed. Then to come home and find out of Jeremy’s death more memories started playing in my mind. Seeing him grow up into a godly man was one of them. Having class with him at Wayne College was another. Praying for him when he was so sick and encouraging him however I could was a privilege for me. Now I am praying for his wife, daughters, parents, siblings and the whole family as they grieve his loss from this earth. This family knows where Jeremy is because of the life he lived. But the loss of him here with them is great and the days ahead will be tough. I pray His strength over them in a mighty way. I pray for their tears to cleanse them in the name of Jesus. I pray the memories they have will be soothing to their souls. I will never forget how Jeremy helped my Daddy when my Daddy testified about an accident he witnessed that Jeremy was on the jury for. That meant a lot to Daddy because he knew it was the right thing to do yet he didn’t want to ruin someone’s life. Jeremy assured him it was OK. The shirt Jeremy wore the day Daddy testified was a Christian one. Daddy saw it and was encouraged. As soon as I found out about Jeremy's death I cried but immediately started praying. Right before falling asleep I prayed once more for this family.

The Lord woke me at 3:00 to pray for today. He had me pray for pastors to not be hit by fiery darts of the enemy as they are in His house. Specifically He had me pray against discouragement, people’s words, the looks on people’s faces as they preach, and misconception of people’s words or attitudes. He also had me pray for worship leaders who are trying to please people instead of God. He had me pray for congregations full of critical people. He also had me pray for Jeremy’s church family as they grieve today, especially for the pastors as they minister to people even though they are hurting themselves.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the hope of eternity that I know both Mr Fred and Jeremy had. Thank You for the knowledge that we will see them again when You call us home. Thank You for the way You will encourage and love on those hurting over the loss from this earth of their loved one. Lord, I need Your supernatural strength in a whole new way today. I need You to overtake my body with You. Thank You in advance for the way You will be my words, actions and attitude today. Thank You for filling me to overflowing with more of You. Thank You for being My Home Maker. Amen.

No comments: