Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Genesis 1:9-10 - "God of Wonders"


On the third day of creation God created land and sea. I always have felt drawn to water, particularly the ocean. When we were on one of our cruises, we swam in water where I could see my feet. It was beautiful. Now that the Lord has brought us to South Carolina and we live on an island I see water everyday. As we cross the bridge I feel like I have to pinch myself that I am living in such a beautiful place. I remember telling the DS that if God was going to bring us to SC He would put us near the water. I think he thought I was joking but I knew if He was going to take me so far from my family He would bless me with being near the ocean. It is there that I feel the most peace. As I sit and watch the waves I see His power. The light breeze across my face is Him touching me. The smell of the ocean air is Him in every breathe. Last year at this time I went out to the beach multiple times during the week. This year I may get there once every couple weeks. That saddens me. I need to make time to be there more often. It is where my cup gets filled the best. It is where I am encouraged the most in my loneliness. The beach is where I am able to tune everything else out and tune in best to God.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessing ahead in this day. Thank You for a decrease of pain. Thank You for the time ahead tonight with the children and teens. Lord, will You show me how to make more time for myself. I feel selfish in taking it and I feel even more selfish in asking You to enable me to do so. I need more of You in my life. I need more concentrated time with You. The desire of my heart is to become more like You. I pray You will enable me to do so. Fill my cup to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me today. I cannot be who You desire of me if my cup isn't full. I cannot give people what they need if I am empty. Thank You Jesus for being My Blessedness. Amen.


No comments: