Friday, August 11, 2017

II Chronicles 20:26 - "Hills and Valleys"


I'm not sure if it is because the tune is so catchy or if the Lord is trying to tell me something I am not getting but the song "Hills and Valleys" plays continuously over in my mind. Specifically, these words...

Father, you give and take away
Every retry and every pain
And with all you will remain
All for it all!


He has given me so much over the years in so many different areas of life. My children, my husband, my grand babies, my family....but specifically my faith. He has taken me deeper into relationship through valleys of life that seemed unbearable. Nine months of not walking on my own was a tough one but wow what a blessing! This last fourteen months in South Carolina with a hurricane, breast cancer, decrease in finances, Doc's health issues...the list goes on and on. I think maybe that is what He is trying to get me to realize. Yes, I've been strong in my faith but maybe not strong enough since moving here. Some days I feel like I'm on auto-pilot. Those aren't my favorite days, that's for sure. I don't want to miss any opportunity He puts before me yet I know I have. Yesterday as I was doing my school work I thought about how much simpler it would have been to live at the time Jesus walked this earth. But then I wondered if it would have been. Life would have been simpler and people would have heard Jesus speak in person. For some having Jesus in person may have made more sense than hearing Him speak through His Word, others, in an audible voice when He is not physically with them. I am just grateful to hear His voice. I am also grateful when He uses songs and Scripture to speak to me. I need to ponder upon this song some more to understand His message. There is another part of the song that goes...

No matter what I have, your grace is enough
No matter where I am, i'm standing in your love


Yes! His grace and love are the best! They get me through the valleys of life that seem unending at times. They also encourage me through them. I am one blessed lady! I am a daughter of the King! I am loved by My Heavenly Father! Woo hoo! I love the idea that not all valleys are dark ones. In II Chronicles 20:26 there is the Valley of Berachah. The meaning of Berachah is blessing! King Jehoshaphat had victory and led his people into this valley. Victory! Gladness! Communion with God! Woo hoo! Yes!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for speaking to me in so many different ways! Lord, would You reveal to me what You want me to receive from this song? Would You put something or someone in my path that will open up the meaning to me? Would You also cleanse me of anything not of You? Would You fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You instead of me? Would You be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day? I sure am asking a lot this morning and am blessed in knowing You hear me and will answer my prayers in the way that is best. Thank You Jesus for being My Valley and Mountain Provider! Amen.

No comments: