Monday, May 1, 2017

Psalm 100:5 - "King of My Heart"


I woke up a couple times during the night with "You Are Good, Good" going through my mind. Specifically these words...You are good, good, oh yeh. The part that speaks volumes to me is...

And let the King of my heart
Be the wind inside my sails
The anchor in the waves
Oh-oh, He is my song
Let the King of my heart
Be the fire inside my veins
The echo of my days
Oh-oh, He is my song

Yes! When the Lord is "the King" of our heart, then He is the peace in the midst of the storm. He is the strength when ours is weak. He gives hope in hopeless situations. The Holy Spirit empowers us to sustain the storm in a way that is incomparable to others. The storm is seen as an opportunity to grow in our faith. The only way to experience such storms is to be totally sold-out to the Lord. He must be allowed to be in control. We must be in a relationship where we can hear His voice AND be obedient in His direction. Overnight I prayed for many who need peace in the storm they are in...

  • one having issues with co-workers along with physical issues
  • two dealing with adjustments that have come their way in life
  • one dealing with post-surgery pain
  • one seeking God's direction in a difficult situation
  • two with severe physical pain
  • one seeking a career change
  • one with emotional pain from a loss
  • a family dealing with health issues of a loved one
  • a serviceman and his family preparing for deployment
  • one going through cancer treatments
  • one in the midst of cancer surgeries and treatments
  • a family with the husband/father falsely accused of a hideous crime
Oh how I pray for each of these people to find His peace. I pray they will take their relationship with Him a step further and fully allow Him control. I pray they will go deeper in their walk with Him to the point where they will find Him in a whole new way.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! I praise Your Holy Name that You are "the wind inside my sails...the anchor in the waves" as I go through storms in life. I praise You for being My Peace in the midst of storms. Lord, I prayed for several during the night. I pray they will come into a deeper relationship with You than they have ever experienced. I pray for healing in spiritual bodies along with physical and emotional ones. Father, I also pray for a deeper walk with You myself. I pray for Your words, actions, attitude and focus today. I pray no matter who I come in contact with they will see and hear You instead of me today. Lord, be the peace in the storm of those I love. Be the Hope to those who are feeling hopeless. Empower Your children to conquer the storms they are going through. Thank You for being The King of My Heart. Amen.

No comments: