Saturday, May 13, 2017

Psalm 103:6 - "Eye of the Storm"


When the Lord woke me up for the second day in a row at 2:38AM, I wondered what the significance of the time was. I may never know but I do know everything He requests of me has a purpose and I am determined to fulfill it. There were only two situations He had me pray for and both were broken marriages. One is broken due to separation with a sudden death and the other with separation due to an estranged marriage. Both situations saddened my heart. He took me back to Psalm 103 and stopped me at verse six. This tells us to have hope when we go through devastating times such as the loss of a spouse. I cannot even begin to say I know how this young wife/mother feels with losing her husband in a car accident. In my humanness, I pray that is something I never have to go through but if it is what is needed for myself or someone else to draw nearer to the Lord then so be it. I would be so lonely without my husband and I cannot imagine life without him. But I do treasure each memory we make such as swinging at the waterfront watching the sunset last night. I can't see how after losing a spouse God could "make everything come out right" but I know He could and will for this young wife. He will be there for her and the children in the days ahead. He will guide her and enable her to make decisions as she depends upon Him. For that I am grateful. I also prayed for another wife who was served divorce papers this week. I prayed for the enemy to be squashed out of this situation and for the marriage to be restored. I prayed for souls to come into agreement with the Lord in the restoration of this marriage. In both of these situations He had me praying for financial concerns and for all involved to get to the point where they can praise Him once again. Matthew Henry writes about Psalm 103:6:

"The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are of oppressed. Our own personal obligations must not absorb our song; we must also magnify the Lord for his goodness to others. He does not leave the poor and needy to perish at the hands of their enemies, but interposes on their behalf, for he is the executor of the poor and the executioner of the cruel. When his people were in Egypt he heard their groanings and brought them forth, but he overthrew Pharaoh in the Red Sea. Man's injustice shall receive retribution at the hand of God. Mercy to his saints demands vengeance on their persecutors, and he will repay it. No blood of martyrs shall be shed in vain; no groans of confessors in prison shall be left without inquisition being made concerning them. All wrongs shall be righted, all the oppressed shall be avenged. Justice may at times leave the courts of man, but it abides upon the tribunal of God. For this every right-minded person will bless God. Were he careless of his creature's good, did he neglect the administration of justice, did he suffer high-handed oppressors finally to escape, we should have greater reason for trembling than rejoicing; it is not so, however, for our God is a God of justice, and by him actions are weighed; he will mete out his portion to the proud and make the tyrant bite the dust, -- yea, often he visits the haughty persecutor even in this life, so that 'the Lord is known by the judgments which he executeth.'"

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being a God who not only loves us so deeply but never leaves us. Thank You for giving hope in what appears to be hopeless situations. Lord, once again I pray for the two families who need to know You have not left them. I pray for the enemy to have no foothold in either of these families. Lord, I know there are many who are hurting with similar situations and I pray You will also be very real to them. Lord, give me Your words, actions, attitude and love. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will hear/see You instead of me. Thank You for the opportunities that are ahead of me this day. Thank You for each memory You give with my husband. Thank You for being My Hope. Amen.

No comments: