Monday, May 15, 2017

Psalm 105 - "My Deliverer"


Psalm 105 tells us not only are we to praise the Lord but we are to praise Him while we serve Him. The first seven verses tell us we are to seek His grace. Matthew Henry states it, "Seek to have his favor to eternity, therefore continue seeking it while living in this world; for He will not only be found, but He will reward those that diligently seek Him." Yes! As He we seek more of Him, He blesses us in ways beyond human understanding. The more we seek Him, the more we will know His will. The more we do His will, the more the enemy will attack. The strength of the Holy Spirit is the only way we will be able to continue on in life. As we go through attacks, our faith and love for the Lord will go deeper. One would think the enemy would realize that and back off but he doesn't. The Israelites were delivered from Egypt after going through some tough days. This Psalm reminds us of what we need to do in order to be delivered from our tough days. We have His Word to support us through such days. We also have the Lord to talk to and to be encouraged by. Just as the Israelites had a famine from physical food some today put themselves in a place of famine when they neglect to be in fellowship with Him. That occurs when one neglects to be in His Word or in prayer. The answer to such famine is to fill ourselves with being in His Word, praying and drawing near to Him. It also means surrendering our entire being to Him. He is ready for all to come into such relationship with Him. In Psalm 105 the deliverance of the Israelites was described in detail. When they prayed for sustenance, He provided. He gave them light in darkness to light their way. That is exactly what He desires to do for us today. He wants to set us free from the bondages of the enemy. He wants to provide for us everything we need to be His faithful servant. Matthew Henry writes:

"All the benefits bestowed on Israel as a nation, were shadows of spiritual blessings with which we are blessed in Christ Jesus. Having redeemed us with his blood, restored our souls to holiness, and set us at liberty from Satan's bondage, he guides and guards us all the way. He satisfies our souls with the bread of heaven, and the water of life from the Rock of salvation, and will bring us safely to heaven. He redeems his servants from all iniquity, and purifies them unto himself, to be a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

"Spiritual blessings" are exactly what I want to receive. I want to be known as "a peculiar" person. The desire of my heart is to fulfill the desire of His heart. In order to do that, I must be living a life of holiness. Then, and only then, will I hear His Voice and walk in obedience. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words of Psalm 105 this morning that remind me of what I need to continue doing in order to walk in the path You so desire. Father, I pray for more of You to fill me so people will see and hear You in me. I pray for the desire of my heart to grow into more fiery than it has ever been. I pray for Your words, actions, attitude and focus to overcome my being. Deliver me from anything that is not of You. Fill me with everything that is of You. Strike down the enemy as he attacks and tries to get my focus off of You. Lord, thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the calls from the boys. Thank You for rest You provided. Father, help me not to feel 'behind' since I did not do school work yesterday. Enable me to focus today and accomplish what needs accomplished. Father, thank You for the prayers sent up yesterday for us by our Willard family. I pray for answers tomorrow with Doc's pain. Guide the doctors and give them wisdom. Thank You Jesus for being My Deliverer. Amen.

No comments: