Saturday, May 27, 2017

Psalm 112 - "Magnify"


I love the word picture Psalm 112 gives. It shows a life of one who is blessed in abundance as they are live a life for the Lord. He provides prosperity unlike what the world sees as being rich (vs 3). He gives comfort (vs 4) and wisdom (vs 5) to all who seek a life with Him. He gives stability (vs 6-8) to them and honors (vs 6, 9) them. In turn, when the enemy sees how nothing can stop one from living for Christ he will be "infuriated" with them. In verse ten in the Living Bible it says the enemy will "slink away" but I see him doing that only temporarily. He does not give up easily. He comes back over and over trying to get what the Lord has. How many times does the enemy keep coming back? I am not sure but I do know there have been multiple times he has shown his face in our lives over the last year. But we will not give up. We will not allow him to win. Why? Because our God is greater! We accept His comfort and wisdom. We accept his stability in this life of craziness. Nothing surprises God. He goes before us. My prayer is found in verse six...God’s constant care of him will make a deep impression on all who see it. Amen! That is exactly what I want to happen through my life. 

Surgery??? No problem...
Biosy??? No problem...
Another surgery??? No problem...
Cancer??? No problem...
Another surgery??? No problem...
Radiation??? No problem...
Possible heart attack??? No problem...
Death of a loved one??? No problem...
Unknown health issue??? No problem...
Refrigerator went out??? No problem...
How can these be 'no problem'? It is very simple. 'God's got this' is our mindset. We know He goes before us. We know He loves us and has His hands upon us. We know He is our strength. We also know He is our eternity.

Dear Jesus,
Once again I thank You for encouraging me this morning through Your Word. I thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. I pray for Your empowerment over Doc this morning as he faces the stacks of mail and packages to be delivered. I pray You will enable him to overcome anything that tries to steal his joy. I pray You will be greater than the high temperature of this day. Lord, encourage his heart. I also pray You will empower me to do whatever You put in my path today. I know what I 'think' will happen but I want to be ready for anything You desire of me. I am singing these words today for both Doc and myself, Lord.
God be greater than the worries in my life
Be stronger than the weakness in my mind
Be louder let your glory come alive
Be magnified (2X)
Yes, Lord! Be magnified in a way that will show people who is in control of our lives. Father, be our words, actions, attitude and focus in a brand new way. Thank You for being Our Strength. Amen.

No comments: