Monday, May 29, 2017

Psalm 114 - "In Christ Alone"


Psalm 114 is a shortened version of what the Lord did for the Israelites. He brought them out of slavery (vs 1); He set up His tabernacle (vs 2); He opened up the Red Sea (vs 3, 5); He gave them the Ten Commandments (vs 4, 6, 7); and He provided water (vs 8). This Psalm shows His power and blessing upon them. The last words of Psalm 114 remind me of how He showed His power and blessing yesterday for us. It truly was a miracle in the way He provided our refrigerator. Thursday night when we realized the refrigerator was not working properly we were bummed. We prayed for God to allow it to be something easily fix. When the repairman told me the estimate of $900 to replace the compressor, I was once again bummed. I prayed over and over until Doc got home about the situation. I asked God to give us wisdom in the situation. I decided I would get the cheapest one they had in order to save money. When we went to Lowe's, Doc told me to get what I wanted and not get the cheapest. I didn't argue and picked out a bottom freezer one with the ice/water in the door. Thankfully they were having a sale along with 0% interest for a period of time. We told them our situation and the clerk talked to her manager. She came back with the news they would deliver it yesterday afternoon. We did the paperwork and left feeling like we did what we were suppose to do. Yesterday morning I received a phone call from them thinking they were setting up the delivery time. Instead they were calling to say they were unable to deliver it due to being understaffed. He explained if we would pick it up they would give us half off! I asked him to repeat what he said because I couldn't believe it! We called Jeff and he brought his trailer to us at church. When we went to pick it up, I first went to Customer Service because I wanted to make sure the half price was true. Sure enough it was. After getting the adjustment on the bill I went back to get it only to hear, "We have a little issue." The clerk went onto explain the computer showed three in stock of the one we purchased but they couldn't find any. He continued to explain they had a newer model that had taken the place of it. It had different lighting and seven door drawers instead of four. It also cost $100 more but if we were willing to take it they would take off that $100! Wow, God is good! What a blessing to have Mike and Larry meet us at the house to get it unloaded and get the old one out. Then God provided our neighbor Joshua to help us get the old one to the dump. Previously in the week He provided space in our neighbor Grammy's freezer so we didn't lose our meat. Wow, God is good! He is really good when it comes to the bottom line of this story! The $900 bill to repair the old fridge was astronomical for us but we knew we did not want to put that money into a fridge that may break again soon. He gave Doc wisdom in telling me to get the one I wanted since they truly did not have it in stock. He gave Lowe's a generous spirit when they didn't have the staff to deliver and then when they didn't have ours in stock. The bottom line for our new refrigerator is less than the $900 repair bill would have been plus we got a five year extended warranty on this one! Wow, He is good! Yesterday morning I was so blessed as I lead Praise and Worship. "Forever" He is faithful, strong and with us because...

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand


Thursday I chose joy instead of grumbling and negative words. Friday I stood upon that choice. Today I am grateful for choosing Him instead of the enemy. I shared in Sunday School about how I feel like the enemy is sitting on one shoulder doing his best to bring me down while God is on the other shoulder encouraging me. Tough days make us stronger in our faith when we choose God over the enemy. As Doc preached yesterday, we must allow God to be in control of our whole life. A life lived in His presence is a life blessed by His presence.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day! Father, I praise You for the way You provided our refrigerator. I praise You for the way You encourage me every day. I praise You for enabling me to choose joy during tough days. I praise You for the way You are stretching my faith. Father, I pray You will be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for more of You to fill me up to overflowing so You ooze out of me. Father, I also pray for my friends who are going through a tough time. I praise You they are strong believers. I ask You wrap Your loving arms around them as they are dealing with financial concerns, relational issues in their family, an upcoming surgery that may show cancer...they have so much going on but Lord You are greater than any of their 'junk'! Woo hoo! Yes! You are even greater than C! I praise You for that! Be their strength! Thank You Jesus for being Our Miracle Maker! Amen.

No comments: