Thursday, May 11, 2017

Psalm 103 - "10,000 Reasons"


Psalm 103 are encouraging words from David. It is like what I said on Sunday about how when we focus on Him our problems become less in our minds. This Psalm encourages us to focus on all the wonderful things of the Lord. This is true with our worship. When we focus on Him in worship, we will not be distracted by the people or things around us. God desires us to enjoy our relationship with Him. He desires our focus. He desires all of us. Verses three through five of this chapter remind us of what He does for us. It is because of these reminders that we need to bless or praise Him. We need to not just do this when we are in corporate worship but it is something we need to continually do. I read about this Psalm, "Our praise to the Lord should be total - giving God our all in our worship. May our thoughts meditate on His goodness; may our mouths speak of His grace towards us, and may our hearts enjoy the rest and satisfaction that only He can give to our souls." Yes! When we live a 24/7 life of worship, this is how we will live. When we live a life of holiness, this is how we will live. When we live a life fulfilling the desires of His heart, this is how we will live. Oh how I want to live this type of life every day. I do not want my focus to be taken off of Him. That is a hard thing to do with all of the distractions of this world. The way to accomplish it is to 'stay prayed up' as they use to say. That is the only way to live. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You bless me. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with having time with Jimmy and Eli. Thank You for the way You will bless me today. Lord, You know what is ahead and I am thankful You go before me. I know what I 'think' will happen today but You know what will happen. Father, forgive me when I allow distractions to take away my focus. Lord, I pray for Your supernatural empowerment to overtake me so I will be stronger against distractions. Lord, fill me to overflowing so Your words, actions and attitude will ooze out of me today in a way people will know You live in and through me. Once again I ask for Your healing touch to be upon my husband. I pray for his pain to not be a distraction from what You desire of him. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Us. Amen.

No comments: