Thursday, May 25, 2017

Psalm 109:30-31 - "Praise You In This Storm"


There are times in life where one can become overwhelmed with the acts of others. It seems like people can be so mean with not only their words but sometimes their actions. We must remember the Lord never leaves us. He may allow things to happen to draw us closer to Him but He is still with us. When David wrote Psalm 109, it could have been when Saul was against him, his son rebelled against him or another time when he was going through trouble. No matter what the circumstance, David looked to God. This chapter is pretty explicit in expressing his desires for his enemy (vs 6-20). He asks God to help him through tough days (vs 21-29) and praises Him for being there with him (vs 30-31). The last two verses are the key to this whole chapter. When we go through days that seem like we cannot go on, we must realize God continues to be with us. We also must realize the need to continue to praise Him through the storms of life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the work that was accomplished at the building, the accomplishments in my school work, my time with Jimmy and Eli, a visit with friends who stopped over and Bible study at Mr. Fran's. It was a full and blessed day. I pray people heard and saw You in me. I pray the same for today. I also pray for those who are going through tough days. Lord, I pray they will praise You through whatever storm they are going through. I especially pray for my friend who is dealing with an issue with her adult son. I pray You will be very real to her and her husband in these days of uncertainty with their son. I also pray You will put someone in his life he will trust enough to confide in. Lord, You are greater than his circumstance. He knows that but he needs reminded of it. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise. Amen.

No comments: