Monday, May 22, 2017

Psalm 107:1-9 - "Lord You Are Good"

God is so good! No matter what circumstances we go through on this earth He is good. Yesterday as the sweat was pouring off of me during Praise and Worship I was reminded that He provided every drop of sweat. If I were not sweating, then I may not be healthy enough to be there. Or it may be that I would not have a place to worship. If I were not sweating, it could be I was no longer alive. Although that would be glorious because I would no longer be dealing with the 'junk' of this world. As long as I am on this earth I need to not only praise Him but share Him with others. He didn't save me nor sanctify me wholly just to exist. He redeemed me to fill me up with more of Him so He will ooze out of every bit of my being. As I seek more of Him, He will fulfill my needs. He will fill up my tank and strengthen me. Matthew Henry words it: "Those that hunger and thirst after righteousness, after God, the living God, and communion with him, shall be abundantly replenished with the goodness of his house both in grace and glory." In the NIV it says "He satisfies"...yes! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning from Psalm 107. Lord, I praise You for the relationship I have with You. I praise You for Your love, mercy and grace. Father, I praise You for the day that is ahead. I pray You will use me to be a beacon of light to anyone I talk to or meet. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see/hear You instead of me. Father, this morning my heart breaks for Chris' family. Lord, may You use her death to bring someone to You. I pray someone will be there to be You to them throughout these tough days. Lord, comfort them in a way they will found You. Thank You Jesus for being My Goodness. Amen.

No comments: