Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Psalm 46:10a - "Still"


I was talking with a friend who is going through some tough days and was reminded of the importance of being still so we can hear from the Lord. Too many times we think we know what we need to do when in fact we don't. Sometimes we even think we know what the Lord wants but instead it is the enemy tricking us. It is only when we stop and allow the Lord to calm our spirits that we will hear His voice. When we are still, the enemy has no chance of causing chaos in our life. Instead the Lord has the opportunity to give calmness and wisdom. As we allow this to happen, He will be exalted just as the last part of Psalm 46:10 proclaims. My goal in life is for Him to be glorified through all I do. I know this it is not possible for Him to always be glorified through me but I also know when I strive to live a holy life He will be glorified more often than not. The more I reflect on Him, the more I will realize His greatness. The more I realize His greatness, the closer I will draw to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being so great in my life. Thank You for the blessing yesterday with receiving Doc's insurance card. Thank You for the day that is ahead. I pray this procedure will give answers to the cause of His pain. I pray for opportunities to be You to others throughout this day. Lord, be my words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day. I am bummed we can't do children and teen activities tonight. I pray You will be with them and let them know we love them. I pray they will not think we don't care since we can't have them tonight. Lord, protect them in a mighty way from the ways of the enemy that is prevalent in many of their homes. Father, I also pray for my friend who needs to hear from You in her situation. I pray You will enable her to "be still" so she can be engulfed with Your wisdom. Thank You for being My Stillness. Amen.

No comments: