Friday, May 12, 2017

Psalm 104:33-35 - "Strong Enough"

The words of Psalm 104 are easy to say when one is going through good days of life but not when they're going through tough days. As I read Psalm 104 this morning I thought about the prayers the Lord put on my heart during the night. He had me praying for people who are in some tough spots. As I prayed for them, I prayed they would draw closer to Him. I prayed for the enemy to be squashed out of many situations. Some of them are holding onto their faith with just a thread of hope. Some of them are going deeper in their walk with the Lord. Some of them are confused about why the Lord is allowing them to go through what they are. I prayed for them to see Him as a light at the end of the tunnel but I know many are feeling like there is no end to their tunnel. Oh my heart breaks for many and I continue to pray for all of them...
  • the wife with the husband who continues with a sexual identity crisis
  • my husband with the pain he has experienced several weeks
  • the young mother with the father of her baby in jail
  • the young mother who lost her husband in a car accident yesterday
  • the family watching their loved one suffering with a terminal infection
  • the family caring for their wife/mother with multiple health issues
  • the family caring for their husband/father with terminal cancer
  • the couple going through a divorce
  • the woman who quit her job and walking by faith for the Lord to provide
  • the little guy going through chemo and his family
  • the families dealing with their aging parents and the decisions being made
  • the woman who had major back surgery this week, the woman who had cervical surgery a few weeks ago and the woman facing surgery next week
The last part of these verses..."clear the ground of sinners" is applicable to many of these situations. God is calling people to be in relationship with Him. Many times He allows bad things to happen to draw us closer. He does not cause bad things but neither does He stop them. His desire is for all of us to depend upon Him. The only way for that to happen is for us to get to the end of ourselves and fully rely on Him. When we realize we can't do things in our own strength, we will be empowered by His strength in a whole new way. We no longer will feel like we can't go on but instead will be renewed in our spirit. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of these verses this morning. Thank You for the way You love us so greatly. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday. What a joy to see the tears in Grammy's eyes as we sung Happy Birthday to her. She blesses me tremendously and I thank You for putting us together as neighbors. Thank You for all of my neighbors. I pray You will continue to use me in our neighborhood to be a beacon of light. Father, I pray for the two families who are moving. I will miss the children greatly. I pray they will move into neighborhoods with someone who loves You. They are in difficult situations and need protected from the enemy. I also pray You will keep what I've told and shown them in the forefront of their minds. I pray I have made a difference in their young lives that will be forever remembered. My heart breaks for these children. Lord, I also pray You will bring us new neighbors that will be open to Your love through us. I pray You will continue to empower me with Your love so people see and hear You through me. Lord, wherever You lead me today I pray You will be keep my focus on You so I do not miss any opportunities. Thank You for being My Blesser. Amen.

No comments: