Sunday, May 7, 2017

Deuteronomy 31:6b - "I Am Not Alone"


No matter what happened yesterday and no matter what is ahead for today we need to remember to lean on the Lord. So many people I am close to are going through some very tough days. My heart aches for them but I know the Lord is with them and that comforts me. The Lord allows us to go through tough days for a variety of reasons. One is to get us to wake up to what He desires for us. Another one is to get us to depend upon Him more. The enemy tries to tear us apart through circumstances. The Lord builds us up through circumstances. The enemy tells us the Lord doesn't care about us or that He is not with us. That is a blatant lie. The Lord never leaves us. Here are ten scriptures that tell us this...

Deuteronomy 31:6, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; "He will never leave you nor forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:8
, The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Joshua 1:5
, No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. "As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you."

1Kings 8:57
, "May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may He never leave us nor forsake us."

1Chronicles 28:20
, David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."

Psalms 37:28
, For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. "They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;"

Psalms 94:14
 "For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance."

Isaiah 41:17
  "The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them."

Isaiah 42:16 
 "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."

Hebrews 13:5
  Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I 

His Word is full of promises but these are some of the greatest! Plain and simple, He is with us no matter what. These speak volumes!

This morning I am praying for...

  • my husband with the pain he is in
  • a family who held their sweet baby that was born without life
  • a wife watching her husband leave this earth
  • a man fighting for his life against a terminal diagnosis
  • a husband in the midst of an emotional roller coaster with his wife's health
  • two women who are dealing with physical health issues but most importantly have spiritual issues that need resolved
  • a lady dealing with the progression of her cancer worsening
I pray each one of these people will know the Lord is with them. I pray His strength will be their strength and it will empower them to not just get through these tough days but to get through them with Him being glorified through their circumstances.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the promises of Your Word. Thank You for being with us during the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. You created us in Your image. Therefore, I pray You will empower us with Your Holy Spirit. Give us Your strength in a way that is so You and not us that we will be blown away. Father, I do not know what lies ahead for this day but I know You are with me and for that I am grateful. Be my words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day in a way people will see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for being My Ever Present. Amen.

No comments: