Sunday, May 21, 2017

Psalm 106:1 - "In Awe"


These words...of my...

Cause Your love is overwhelming
Your love is overwhelming
It's only You and me here
And Your love is overwhelming
Your love is overwhelming
I can barely breathe here
I'm living in awe
Cause You don't need me at all
But You couldn't love me more..

Yesterday was full of His presence in so many ways but especially in the way He answered prayers. He does not always answer in the way I desire but He always answers. I was disappointed in a situation yesterday morning but after it was over I realized how I prayed was not what was best for me. Many prayers were answered in the way I desired such as prayers for a light day with mail on Doc's route. When an urgent situation arose, I prayed and asked six others to pray. Within an hour those prayers were answered. Seven. The number of perfection. Seven people prayed in agreement and the Lord answered. Woo hoo! It is overwhelming to think about how much He loves us. "I'm living in awe" is so true yet I should not be surprised when He answers prayers. I should have faith He will and I do but yet there are still times I'm amazed. He is so good. We continually pray for Doc's pain to be alleviated yet it continues for an unknown reason. He knows the reason and we have faith He will reveal it. In our humanness we desire that revelation to be sooner than later but we cannot rush God. In His time He will either reveal the reason or take the pain away. I pray it does not take nine months as in my last MS exasperation. If it does, I pray for an extra dose of supernatural strength for both Doc and myself to deal with it day in and day out.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your great love! Thank You for answering prayers...even when they are not the way I pray or not in the timing I desire. Your will and Your timing is perfect. Lord, today is a day when bodies of believers will gather together to worship You. I pray for every pastor going into the pulpit this morning. I pray for the pastors on Sabbatical to have their cup filled today in a whole new way. I pray for strength for pastors who are feeling torn down. Fill them with a new dose of You today. Encourage their hearts. Lord, I pray You will be their words as they proclaim the Gospel. I pray against the enemy having any foothold in their lives today. Close their ears to negative comments and open them to positive ones. Wrap Your arms around them and enable them to feel Your strength. Oh Father how I pray for pastors today. I also pray for many Nazarene Churches who are having annual elections. Once again, I pray for Your will in these elections so Your Church can fulfill the Great Commission in a whole new way. Lord, would You please be my words, actions, focus and attitude today? Would You encourage my heart in a whole new way? Would You open my heart up to experience in a new way? Woo hoo! I am ready for this day! I am ready for anything the enemy throws our way because I know Your love is stronger! Thank You for being the One To Love Us. Amen.

No comments: