Friday, May 5, 2017

Psalm 23 - "Home"



The Lord woke me up during the night with "Home" that Chris Tomlin sings going through my head. He then had me pray for families who recently had love ones pass away. I pray these ones are 'home' with the Lord.

I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong

We never know when we will be called 'home' nor do we know the circumstances. Over these last few weeks there have been a few situations that make you wonder 'why?'
  • the forty year old who had a container fall off a truck, hit her car and kill her
  • the thirty-six year old wife and mother who was killed while riding her new motorcycle
  • the fifty year old husband/father/grandfather who lost his fight to cancer
  • the fourteen year old who took his own life
  • the fifty-eight you old  wife/mother/grandmother who lost her fight to cancer
My heart aches for the friends and families who are grieving. I also am rejoicing for the ones who knew the Lord and now have new bodies. They no longer have to deal with the pain of this world. For that I am a little jealous. Until the Lord calls me 'home' I need to be doing His will every day. I need to make sure I am living in relationship with Him so I can not only hear His voice but will be obedient to it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for these ones who are grieving. Thank You for loving on them so greatly during the tough days of being separated from their loved ones. Thank You for the day that is ahead. I am sorry for being crabby this morning. Please forgive me. I pray You will give me opportunities throughout this day to show Your love to many. Be my words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day. Father, I pray for Doc's pain to lessen as he works today. I pray for him to focus on the tasks before him so he can get finished at a decent hour. Be his strength...physical, mental, emotional and spiritual...throughout this day. I pray He will feel you in a mighty way. Thank You for being Our Home. Amen.

No comments: