Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Psalm 108:12-13 - "My Help Comes From The Lord"


Yesterday I read something in one of my textbooks that stuck with me. "God creates human beings and asks them to do His work in His place and to love and live for all eternity showing His nature and love” (Cosgrove). That sums up our purpose on this earth so well. He "asks" us. He doesn't tell us we have to do anything. We have free choice. But those who choose to do His will live a totally different life than those who choose to live their own way of life. Once a person says 'yes' to everything the Lord asks of them life changes. They no longer make decisions without first asking Him for guidance. Their checkbook, calendar, possessions, family, etc. become His. It is weird how one thinks of everything as being theirs but in reality it always was His. One's way of thinking changes when He is in control. Instead of wanting possessions for oneself the desire to give to others is great. Instead of looking for ways to be satisfy self one looks on ways to satisfy others. It seems some get discouraged living such a life for Christ. Things don't always go right. There is dissension in
marriages and families. There are health or financial issues to deal with. Sometimes it seems like anything that can go wrong, does. Why? Because the enemy does not like when we live for Christ. That is why it is so important to stay in a relationship with Christ where we can hear His Voice. The last words of Psalm 108 show us how David cried out for help when he needed help against the enemy. We need to follow His example. One thing I have learned in crying out to the Lord for help is not to ask for my situation to go away. Instead I ask that He give me strength and wisdom as I deal with it. My desire is for Him to be glorified in the good and the bad things that happen in my life. I love when He wipes out the enemy but I really love it when non-believers acknowledge it!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for all the school work that was accomplished, keeping us safe from the tornado watch, our time with the children and teens, being with my Momma with her health issues...the list goes on and on! Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day. I pray for Your strength...physical, mental, emotional but most of all spiritual for this day. I pray You will be my words, actions, attitude and focus. Doc said I needed an attitude adjustment yesterday and I pray that is not the same today. Forgive me for being crabby and enable me not to be that way today. Lord, I especially pray for Chris' family as they go through these tough days with her death. Oh how I pray someone will find You in this time. Thank You Jesus for being My Help. Amen.

No comments: