Sunday, May 28, 2017

Psalm 113 - "God, You Are My God"


As I read Psalm 113 I was reminded of a song I use to sing in Sunday School called "Praise Ye The Lord." We would see which side of the room could sing the loudest on the two parts. Or it would be a competition between the boys and the girls. Fun memories! I pray we are making similar memories with the children and teens on Tuesday nights. My prayer is that we are raising up boys and girls who will grow into godly men and women. Yesterday as I hugged one girl and told her we would miss her as she left for Texas tears came into her eyes. Oh how my heart breaks for these ones leaving us. I pray there will be Christian people in their new neighborhoods who will love on them with the love of Jesus. I pray for protection over them and for their time of adjustment to go smoothly. Her tears started my tears. As I watched the moving truck drive away I felt like a piece of me was going with it. The time we have invested into this family with Doc talking with the father, me talking with the mother and all the times of the children being in our home has been great. But was it enough? Were there seeds planted that will grow? Is the family unit stronger from our time together? I sure hope so. I know we try to do whatever the Lord puts before us in the way He desires but there are times where I feel like we are fighting the enemy so much we may not be as effective as we could be. Sometimes I feel like the fight against him is too much. The Lord is our strength and we must remember to allow Him to fight for us. This Psalm this morning reminds me to praise Him no matter what. I must remember that He is greater than anything the enemy throws our way. I also must remember God blesses every day in one way or another. His blessings are greater than the 'junk' of this world. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me so greatly! Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Father, my heart breaks for these two families who have moved. I pray the children and teens will be in a place where godly people will love on them with Your love. I pray protection over them, especially the teen girl. I pray for Your Mighty Hand to guide them. I pray the seeds we have planted will be nourished and grow. Father, I also pray for the day ahead. I pray for strength in Doc's body. I pray for You to flow from us. Be our words, actions and attitude throughout this day in a mighty way. Fill us to overflowing with more of You than we've ever had. Thank You Jesus for being Our Strength. Amen.

No comments: