Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Psalm 101 - "The Love of God"


As I read Psalm 101 this morning I was reminded of how David was as He sought to do God's will. It was during this time he was known as a man after God's heart. That is how I want to be known. One after God's heart. The only way to be known as such is to live a life the Lord desires. In order to do that one must be in relationship with Him so they can hear His voice and obey it. I remember living a Christian life where I thought I was doing what He desired only to find out there is more than salvation. There is entire sanctification which enables Him to work in and through us in a great way. When we give every part of our being over to Him and allow Him to use us however He chooses, we then will be a person after His heart. As I was walking on the beach the other day I saw these shells that had formed the shape of a heart. I am constantly amazed how the Lord makes things such as this to remind us of important lessons in life. As the wind blew my hair and the sun shined down on me I was blessed in the reminder that He loves me greatly. I also was blessed in knowing He loved me enough to die for me and He loves me enough to live in and through me. These two shells formed together for a purpose. That purpose was for the reminders He wanted me to receive. That is so cool to think about! It also is a blessing to think about how a shell is pretty and perhaps has some strength in it but when it forms together with another shell there is even more beauty and strength. That is how it is with life. One person is one way but when joined together with another they are different. This can be in a marriage or it can be in a working relationship as we strive to do His will or it can be both. Doc and I each have our own abilities and strengths but when we work together we join those to do more. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and thank You for the day that is ahead today. Thank You for the way You will use me today to be You in a world that needs to feel Your love. Thank You for the way You will be my words, actions, attitude and focus today. Thank You for children and teens who will come tonight. I pray they will leave our home knowing You in a different way. Father, I also pray for the pain Doc is in. I pray You will be with him as he waits for the scope. Lord, Your healing touch is needed in his body so greatly. Use this time of pain to draw him deeper in his walk with You. Thank You for being The One We Love. Amen.

No comments: