Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Psalm 102 - "Blessings"


Psalm 102 is a lament of one who is going through a tough time in their physical body. When we cry out to God in our distress, not only does He hear us but He comforts us. There are times we must go through physical ailments on this earth. It is not because God can't heal us. Sometimes it is because He has something for us to learn in the process. Sometimes He has something for us to hear but He can't get our full attention until we go through tough days. Sometimes there is someone in our life who needs to see God glorified through tough days. Physical ailments are a part of life. Some people seem to go through more than others. They say they are 'lucky' but I say those who go through many are the ones who are blessed. When one goes through tough days, they draw stronger in their faith. They realize God is the Only One to depend upon in both 'good' and 'bad' days. I love Psalm 102 because it encourages me in tough times. It gives me hope. It tells me He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this Psalm this morning. Father, I pray You will continue to use us in whatever manner You so desire. I will admit I am getting tired in my physical body from the emotional drain. Lord, fill me up with more of You. I need my spiritual tank to stay full to get through these days. I praise You for reminding me throughout the day yesterday of my sermon on Sunday. I will focus on You...remember my relationship with You...spend time with You...worship You. Lord, today is a new day and I pray You will be my words, actions, attitude and focus. I pray You will be seen/heard by all I come in contact with. Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager. Amen.

No comments: