Thursday, May 4, 2017

Matthew 22:36-40 - "Waterfall"


Wow, God! How is it even possible that one year ago today we bought this house? I will never forget the whirlwind of emotions of that day. Jim and Sandie took us that morning to show us Hunting Island which soon became my 'happy place' after moving here. Then the afternoon was four hours of craziness as we looked at eight homes. Within five minutes of getting in our car with just the two of us we knew this was our home. Dinner with the board and then signing papers took care of the evening. Getting a call later in the evening and finding out the home was ours was surreal. Getting to come back the next day to take some measurements and another look made us realize this was not a dream. It is so hard to believe all that has taken place since that day. This house has become our home. We are so blessed with the people of the church who moved us in on that day in June with a temperature of 107. We are blessed with great neighbors. We have celebrated holidays and birthdays with different ones in our home. We enjoyed having our first Christmas Open House in it. I know the Lord knew what I needed to adjust to living out of Ohio for my first time at the age of fifty-five with the way He sent visitors to us over this last year. Almost every month for the first six months and even since then we have company from Ohio and Adam has been over twice to see us. Yes, God has truly blessed our home. In the beginning of moving in there were some tough days but God was always there to love and encourage me. He was there to remind me we are living in the center of His will and there is no better place to be. He was there to encourage me to allow Him to work in and through me. He was there in the midst of the hurricane with wisdom to leave. He was there in the midst of the surgeries with friends and neighbors to support us. He was there when I was frustrated with little space and had to let go of things that meant so much to me. He was there in times when I started feeling down with taking me to one of my 'happy places' to reflect upon our new life in South Carolina. Yes, He has and continues to be there with just the thing I need no matter what the circumstance. As I sit here this morning I look out at the beauty of His creation I know I am one blessed lady and I am grateful.

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for using us to be a beacon of light at 6 Ogden Court, Beaufort, South Carolina. Thank You for continuing to encourage us in 'good' days and 'tough' days. Lord, I pray today will be a day where people see and hear You through us. I pray for more of You to ooze out of us as we go throughout this day. Lord, I also pray for the results of Doc's catscan. I pray whatever they are Your strength will be with us. I also pray for wisdom for the doctor with an answer for his pain. Lord, may Your healing touch be upon Him either through a miraculous healing or through the doctor and medicine. Thank You Jesus for being the One to Bless Us. Amen.

No comments: