Wednesday, May 3, 2017

James 1:2-4; Philippians 4:13; II Timothy 1:7 - "Even If"

Six months ago today I woke up sore from surgery pain but relieved to know the surgery showed no cancer. Six months ago tomorrow my world turned upside down with the call cancer was found in the outside margin of the surgeon. The next day was an MRI to see if all of the cancer was gotten. Thankfully that showed clear. I am grateful for having a proactive surgeon and that it was stage one. But the fact remains 'C' continues to be a part of my history. I pray it stays just that...history. Yet is that the 'right' way to pray? Probably not because I know the Lord has used and continues to use my testimony of 'C' to effect others. I also know my walk has taken on a deeper meaning because of it. So I go back to James 1:2-4 as I reflect back on the last twenty-three years of MS and the last six months of 'C'....


Next month is my six month testing since the completion of radiation treatments. Part of me dreads that because of the anticipation of physical pain and also the results. But then the Lord reminds me He is with me no matter what. If 'C' shows up, it will be OK. It was OK the first time so it will be again. I have to get use to having such tests be a part of life. Why? Because God provides doctors, medicine, etc. for us. He provides strength when we feel like we can't go on. He provides peace in the midst of the storm. Therefore, I will stand on Philippians 4:13 and II Timothy 1:7...


The unknown may not be comprehended by us but thankfully God knows all. There are no surprises for Him. He already knows the results of Doc's catscan tomorrow. He already knows the results of my testing in June. Whatever is ahead in these situations will be OK. I have faith in knowing He will guide us through. Sometimes we wonder why things happen or why they happen when they do. He reveals things to us as He chooses. We don't need to know some things because we would get in God's way. We probably would try to manipulate things to make them 'better' or to change them into the way we desire. Praise His Holy Name He is the only One to have such power!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today that You are in control. Thank You for the peace You give in the midst of the storms of life. Some such as 'C' feel like hurricanes with the devastation and the way the 'clean-up' seems to last forever. Some such as MS seem to be as big snowstorms that come and then melt away. Some of them come with a vengeance while others take their time. Lord, You are in control of each of the weather storms just as You are in control of these physical storms in our bodies. I pray for Doc's pain to lessen today. I pray for him to rely upon You for strength in not only his physical body but in his spiritual, mental and emotional bodies. Will You please be our words, actions, attitude and vision wherever You lead us today? Will You shine brightly through us? Will You allow people to see and hear You through us today? Father, we depend upon You for everything. We trust You in a way some think is stupid or doesn't make sense. But most of all we love You with our whole being. Thank You for being Our Lord of Lords. Amen.

No comments: