Sunday, May 14, 2017

Philippians 4:13 - "Strong Enough"



The Lord woke me today with these words from a song Matthew West sings going through my mind and I immediately started praying for some who are hurting badly.

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
I don't have to be strong enough
Strong enough


I am grateful I do not have to do life alone. I have the Lord to depend upon. I do not understand how people get through life without Him but I know there are many who do. Growing up I never realized how painful Mother's Day can be for some. I always thought it was a joyful day for all. I did not know there were some who dreaded today so bad they would stay away from people. The older I get, the more I see that hurt. My heart aches for many today and I pray they will have His strength to get through this day. I am grateful for my Momma and for the way the Lord blesses her. She has already buried two of her children and I know she aches for them. I know she aches to have the rest of us with her today but that is not possible. I also know she aches for the estranged relationships in our family. I am thankful she has the Lord's strength and will enjoy this day however the Lord sees fit. His strength is so evident in her life. Today I am praying for...

  • ladies who have never been able to conceive or did and lost their baby
  • those whose mother is no longer on this earth
  • those who are estranged from their mother or children
  • mommas who have buried their children
  • those whose mother has a disease that has taken her memory and she no longer knows them
  • those who were hurt by their mother
  • those who deal with a mother who is addicted
  • mommas who are dealing with a terminal illness with a child
I pray they will find the path of healing through the Lord. I pray they will find comfort in His Word. These Scripture are ones I like to share with those who are hurting...


Psalms 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Psalms 107:20 He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
Psalms 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Isaiah 43:18 Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
Mark 11:23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
1 Corinthians 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday. I am tired and hurting. I need Your strength greatly in this day. I don't want to just get through it but I want to enjoy it and most of all glorify You through it. I pray today for my friend who called me last night to share her hurts with me. I hope our talk and my prayer helped her to be able to sleep. I also pray for the one who sent me a message last night. I prayer for peace over her family. Lord, there are so many hurting people in my little world. I pray they will be encouraged by You through me. Be my words, actions, attitude and focus. I pray I do not miss anything You put before me. Lord, bless me in abundance with more of You today. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: