Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Psalm 46:10a - "Oh My Soul"


The Lord woke me up in the middle of the night to pray for some in ministry. He brought a song Casting Crowns sings to my mind...

Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down
'Cause you're not alone


As I prayed, He had me pray for the people that support them one by one. It didn't make sense to me but I do not question Him when He lays someone on my heart to pray for. I just pray for as long as He tells me to pray. I pray as often as He brings them back into my mind.  He speaks. I listen. I speak. He listens. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for these ones during the night. Lord, You know their load is heavy. You know the things on their hearts right now. Father, be very real to them throughout this day. Show them You love, grace and mercy in abundance. Speak to them so they will listen and be obedient. Lord, these morning I think of others who are strong believers and are facing things such as cancer, broken marriages, ill health of loved ones, the momma with the toddler who had the accident yesterday, the family with one on life support from the car accident...the list goes on and on. I pray for each of them too. May they be still and allow You to speak to them. May they find peace in the midst of their storm through You. Thank You for the day that is ahead for not only them but also for us. Be our words, actions, attitude, and focus throughout this day. May all who see/hear us see/hear You. Thank You Jesus for being My Way. Amen.

No comments: