Saturday, May 6, 2017

II Corinthians 1:8-11 - "Take My Life"


The Lord woke me at 5AM to pray for a pastor and spouse. I don't know what is going on in their little world but I know He had me praying...

  • against the enemy having any foothold in their lives
  • for peace in the midst of chaos
  • strength as they continue to seek His will
  • obedience from both of them to what He is asking of them
I am so grateful He does not always give me details as to why I am praying. I also am grateful when He has me praying for other pastors and spouses. That encourages me to know someone out there has been woke up to pray for us when we need some extra prayers. One time someone asked me, "Why do you pray when God already knows everything?" They were right in that He already knows everything. We do not need to pray for His benefit. I believe prayer is more for us than for Him. Prayer is a way to communicate with Him. It enables us to articulate the desires of our heart not for Him to know but for us to realize what we desire. Sometimes what we want doesn't make sense when we articulate it. Or sometimes it does make sense and deepens in our prayers. No matter what, I am grateful for this avenue of communication with Him. I also am grateful He wakes me to pray for others.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the communication of prayer. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You have chosen me to be a prayer warrior for many. Father, I also thank You for an answer to prayer yesterday with a serious situation with a family member. I thank You for the results of Doc's catscan being clear on Thursday. I continue to pray for the pain he is in to be alleviated. I pray for wisdom for the doctors to find out the cause of his pain. Lord, be with him today as he does the route again. I pray it goes better today than yesterday. I pray he will be able to accomplish it faster today. Encourage his heart and give strength to not only his physical body but his mental and emotional body. I also ask for this couple You woke me up to pray for. May they be blessed today in abundance so their hearts will be encouraged. Lord, I pray for Your words, actions, attitude and focus today. I pray people will see/hear You through me. Lord, show through me in a powerful way to all I come in contact with today. Thank You Jesus for being My Communication. Amen.


No comments: