Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Psalm 107:28-31 - "Hold Me Jesus"


I woke up sining "Hold Me Jesus" and thought 'Wow, God, You always know exactly what I need!' I had a horrible dream last night. No, it was more like a nightmare. The thing that made me realize there is no way for it to come true is my Daddy was alive in it and we didn't live close to the beach but in the mountains.

So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf 
You have been King of my glory 
Won't You be my Prince of Peace


He is truly my Prince of Peace. I am so blessed to have peace in my spirit when there is anything but peace in life. I have peace when...

  • my legs do not want to function due to MS
  • my husband continues to have physical issues
  • I get a call from a family member so far away with a hurt
  • there seems like there won't be enough money to cover the bills
  • I heard "Mrs Burrows, I am so sorry to tell you we did find cancer"
I have lived these situations out yet the Lord gave me peace. Why? How? Plain and simple. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of my life. He is in control of every aspect of my being. When I went through the last bout of MS with nine months of walking issues, there were times I wondered if that was my new way of life. But He reassured me to 'go deeper Daughter' in my relationship with Him. Sometimes I wonder if that nine months were in preparation for South Carolina. If I would not have gone through that time, maybe I would have 'kicked and screamed' and refused to leave Ohio. Maybe I would not have been obedient to His Voice in this move. Oh my! I don't ever want to be in that position!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You encourage me. Thank You for the way You give me peace in the midst of the storms of life. Lord, if there is anything that is not of You in my life please remove it. If there is anything I did not of you, forgive me. I pray for more of You to fill me up to overflowing so people will see/hear You in and through me today. Father, be with my neighbor having surgery today. I pray for not only a physical healing for her but a spiritual healing. I also pray for the family who lost their loved one to a sudden heart attack. Lord, I don't know where she was spiritually but I do know there are many family members lost. I pray something will happen from her death to bring them to You. Lord, there are so many people who need You in their lives. Some believe in You but have never turned their lives over to You fully. I pray for those who are unsaved and those who are not sanctified wholly to come into a relationship with You that will be life-changing. Thank You Jesus for being My Prince of Peace. Amen.

No comments: