Friday, March 31, 2017

I John 3:23-24 - "Same Power"


I John reads about the advantages of living out a life of faith, love, and obedience. Verses twenty-three and twenty-four remind us we are to believe and love one another. When we do these things, He will live in and through us. The path He enables us to live this way is found through the Holy Spirit. His Spirit is what transforms us from living a life of sin into living a life of holiness. I like how Matthew Henry states it. "This Spirit of God works a change; in all true Christians it changes from the power of Satan to the power of God." Woo hoo! When we allow His Spirit to transform us, we will receive His peace in a way unheard of to the world. I love these words to Jeremy Camp's song "Same Power"...

The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a ragin' sea
Lives in us, lives in us, He lives in us, lives in us!


Amen! I have seen people healed from physical and emotional issues. I have received healing myself several times. I know His power is available to all. I also know His power is not being manifested in ways He desires. Some are afraid of His power. Some are timid and do not want to take a chance of being wrong when they think the Spirit is speaking to them. I read accounts over and over again of healing and victory that is happening all over our country. I long to experience more. The desire of my heart is to be bolder so He can use me to be an instrument of His Spirit. I am standing on these words of the song..

We have hope 
That His promises are true 
In His strength 
There is nothing we can’t do 
Yes, we know 
There are greater things in store 
We will not be overtaken 
We will not be overcome 


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of I John 3 and from "Same Power" this morning! Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for some dear friends during the night. I pray they will be refreshed today in their spirit and draw closer in their relationship as husband and wife. Lord, be my boldness throughout this day through my words, actions, attitude and vision. Fill my cup to overflowing so people will see and hear You today. Thank You Jesus for being My Power! Amen.

No comments: