Thursday, March 2, 2017

Isaiah 10:8-10; Romans 8:28; Phil 4:13; James 1:2-4; I Peter 1:16; II Chron 20:15; Psalm 23; Matt 11:28-29; John 14:27 - "Jesus"


Last night as I was preparing to climb into bed I received an emergency call from a friend. As I was driving to help her I started crying out to the Lord. He already knew the things I was saying but it made me feel better to say them out loud. He started bringing scriptures to my mind that encouraged me greatly. I got the sense that He was telling me to not dwell on the past but look to the future. These past seven days have been full of so many emotions from some of the lowest to some of the highest. I begged Him to not allow my friend's dog to die but that was not His will. I begged Him for a physical rest and today He has provided. I begged Him for a healing in my husband's body and I continue to wait. All of my prayers have been answered but some not as I would like and some not as quickly as I would like. "I" ... that is the key. His will, not mine, is the desire of my heart.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

James 1:2-4 - Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.


I Peter 1:16 - "Be holy, as I am holy."


II Chronicles 20:15 - This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.'


Psalm 23 - The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

This morning I went and read again the words of Isaiah 10:8-10....

“But you, Israel, my servant,
    Jacob, whom I have chosen,
    you descendants of Abraham my friend,
I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Oh how these words encourage me! I feel like since we answered the call to Beaufort the enemy has worked overtime in our lives. My multiple surgeries, cancer diagnosis, radiation treatments. Doc's health issues. Obstacles in ministry. Financial whammies. But then the Lord reminds me He is control. I just need to trust in Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You continue to provide strength in every aspect of my life. Thank You for the words You encourage me with from Your Word. Thank You for the 'mountains' of joy over this last week with seeing friends and family, spending time with my grand babies, finding out we are having another grand baby. Thank You for the protection in all of the travel. Father, I continue to pray for Steve and PJ with the loss of Gene. I also pray for Rhonda who is not only adjusting today to a new home but also to the loss of one of her fur babies. Lord, I continue to pray for a physical healing in Doc's body. Father, knock the enemy down in our lives when he tries to come in. Strengthen our faith through the trials that come our way. Bless us as we bless You. Be my words, my actions and my attitude today. May they see and hear You and not me. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Chose Me. Amen.


No comments: