Saturday, March 25, 2017

I John 2:5-6 - "The Stand"


When the Lord wakes me up with a song throughout the night, I wonder what the reason is for it. Am I missing something in my life or is there someone else I need to pray for that is missing something? Does He bring a song to me to remind me of who He is in my life? Is the song for encouragement to my soul? These words to "The Stand" were in my heart every time I was awake and then again this morning...

I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours

This is how I live my life...surrendered to His will and His ways. There is nothing I want more out of life than knowing I am in a place where I not only hear His voice but I follow it. I love living in the knowledge I do not have to fret over things but instead can have His peace. There is such joy in living where He desires of me. I pray I will fulfill I John 2:5-6 in a better way today than yesterday. I pray for forgiveness for any opportunities I missed to be Him to others. I also pray for people to see/hear Him in my words, actions, attitude and vision throughout this day. He loved me so much that He died for me. The least I can do is to be surrendered to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from this song. Thank You for the way You speak to me. Lord, I am in awe of all You do for me every day. I thank You for yesterday and the time Doc and I had. I thank You for the beautiful sunshine that shined down on us as we picked strawberries but most of all I thank You for warmth of the Sonshine throughout our day. Father, give us strength for today in not only our physical bodies but most importantly our spiritual bodies. I pray for our hearts to be prepared for tomorrow as we gather to worship as a corporate body of believers. Thank You Jesus for being My Sonshine. Amen.

No comments: