Saturday, March 4, 2017

Philippians 4:13 - "Home"

I woke up this morning to "Home" going through my mind. When I picked up my phone, I found out a dear sister in Christ had finally received her long-awaited prize. I thought of how she lived a long life loving on others with Jesus' love. When I 'grow-up' I want to me a Marilyn. She was feisty yet gentle. She loved the Lord with all her heart. She was not afraid to tell you like it was although she did it in a loving manner. I truly believe the secret to her life was her prayer life. She encouraged me so greatly over the years we were both in Willard. I will be forever grateful for her example of how to live a life dedicated to the Lord. As I thought of Marilyn's death I was reminded of memories my dear Lenore. They were two of the greatest prayer warriors I have ever known. The Willard Church of the Nazarene would not be where it is today without the prayers of these two women. If heaven has a prayer circle, they both are sitting right there. Death is hard on those left behind but the memories of our friends and family are so precious. Oh how I miss my Daddy! I miss his encouragement in the morning phone calls. I miss his hugs. But I wouldn't wish him back on this earth for anything. The pain he suffered needed to be over. The same with my brother Gene. The pain needed to be over. I miss talking to him. He was a character! I have such fond memories of him taking me places when I was a little girl. He was so much more fun than my sisters. I have special memories of being put into the front seat of his GTO (no seat belts) and told to 'sit still and be quiet and don't tell Mom and I will get you an ice cream cone' as he took me drag racing on Back Massillon Road. He knew food was the way to get me to do anything! I was so blessed when his son Steve gave me this picture that he found in Gene's belongings. Evidently it was in a box of pictures Mom gave him.


Many times when I would call to check on him I would pray with him. I shared Philippians 4:13 with him as he struggled with the loss of his first wife Bobbi, his mother-in-law, our Daddy and with his cancer. I am so grateful I will see him again in eternity. The day he came back to the Lord was a joyous day. The words to "Home" are words he and many others could sing. Sometimes I am jealous of those who are already there but I know the Lord has work for me to do here. The part that says "We'll dance on seas of amazing grace..." Yes! I am so ready to be done with the pain and suffering in this world. But I know there are some who still won't go there so there is still work to be done. 

This world is not what it was meant to be
All this pain, all this suffering
There's a better place
Waiting for me
In Heaven

Every tear will be wiped away
Every sorrow and sin erased
We'll dance on seas of amazing grace
In Heaven
In Heaven

I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong
Home

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the precious memories of those who are already with You. Oh how my heart aches to have time with them. Father, I pray for Your super natural empowerment to be in me so people will come into relationship with You. I pray for people to see and hear You through me. I pray people will be loved by me today through Your love. I also pray for comfort for those mourning. I pray for those who do not know You to be comforted by ones who do so they will desire eternity with You. I pray for those who are watching loved ones die to be comforted in knowing You are with them. Father, most of all I pray for my life to glorify You in such a way those who know You but are not living a life of holiness will desire to do so. Thank You Jesus for being My Home. Amen.



No comments: