Tuesday, March 7, 2017

II Peter 1:10-11 - "Lord, I'm Ready Now"


Yesterday was a day I thought would never end. Four doctor appointments and a church board meeting were more than enough to fill the day. Add making meals and doing school work on top of that was exhausting. I don't know why but I was very anxious before my first oncologist appointment. It wasn't like I was getting test results or anything. I couldn't understand it. I knew God was with me yet my physical body responded with an elevated BP. I was thankful when I went across the lobby to the second oncologist the BP was down. Most of all I am grateful the Lord is with me. He confirmed when the cancer was first realized that I was do to radiation and then take the hormone pill afterward. I can't imagine not having Him to guide my every step. Years ago when I turned away from Him He never left me. I was the one to turn away. Last night when I finally went to bed I had "Lord I'm Ready Now" in my mind. I am so grateful for the way He accepted me back. I am amazed over and over again with where I am in life. My relationship with Him is so special and I love that He loves me so deeply. I am grateful for the way He uses me as His servant. I promised Him yesterday the enemy will not win in this war against us. The enemy does not like our obedience and that makes me even more determined to dig in my heals and stay planted firm in the Lord. As the Lord takes me deeper in my relationship with Him, I am blessed. I praise His Holy Name for every day He gives me to love on others with His love. I am blessed this morning as I read II Peter 1. Verses three through eleven are words from Peter to those who have turned away from the world into the arms of Christ. The qualities Peter lists of such a person are ones that will bless each of us in abundance. I love the part "With these qualities active and growing in your lives, no grass will grow under your feet, no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus." Each day has a reward to be found in it when You live a life going deeper into relationship for Him. Every day has blessings even when circumstances make it hard to see them. He blesses me in abundance as I strive to complement my "basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love" (verses 5-7).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for wrapping Your loving arms around me each and every day. Thank You for blessing my obedience. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Father, I will admit I am tired of this fight against the enemy but I also will say I am determined he will not win. You are greater than him. You are greater than bills, the cost of medication, etc. I praise Your Holy Name for that knowledge! Please keep reminding me You have everything taken care of! Father, fill me with more of You so the reminders do not have to happen as often. I pray for people to see and hear You through me today. Bless me as I strive to bless others. Be my actions, words, attitude and vision throughout this day. Thank You Father for being My Depth. Amen.

No comments: