Thursday, March 16, 2017

Philippians 4:13 - "Even If"


Every time I turn around it seems like there is someone going through 'junk' the enemy is a part of. Sin is the reason we have cancer on this earth. Sin is the reason there are divorces. Sin is the reason for the 'junk' we go through. God can and will use the 'junk' to draw us closer to Him. He also will allow the 'junk' to continue in our lives until we get what He desires of us. This song that Mercy Me sings was going through my head this morning...

I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone


These words say it all. I know God is greater than the 'junk' of this world. As a human being I get tired of dealing with it but I must remember no matter how long it takes to get through it He is there for me. The song continues...

They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well, good thing
A little faith is all I have right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul


This is where I desire to live...my relationship so solid that even when my faith is weakened I do not give up. This morning I am praying for so many who are in some mighty nasty times as they deal with 'junk' yet I pray their faith draws them deeper into relationship with Him.

  • my husband who continues to battle high blood pressure and high blood sugar
  • the pastor facing a nasty church situation that could close the church
  • many parents with children going through cancer treatments
  • the wife watching her husband be in his last days on this earth as cancer takes him
  • the pastor without a church and their former church without a pastor
  • my friend who is being treated unfairly in the workplace
  • my friend awaiting a probable cancer diagnosis
  • my friend awaiting her first mammogram results after having breast cancer
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the Strength we all need through times of going through 'junk' on this earth. Father, "I know You're able and I know You can" take care of each of these situations I am praying for today. I know You will in Your time. Father, I pray for my physical body. I pray against the fatigue and the tingling in my head. Lord, most of all I pray for these things to not be a distraction to Your will for me today. I pray for Your words, actions, attitude and vision to show through me today. I pray for a filling of more of You to flow from me. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: