Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I John 1:1-4 - "Testify"

The beginning words of I John 1 touched me greatly this morning. The disciples saw Jesus and proclaimed His story. A key to their relationship with Jesus is found in verse two. "we have seen it and testify to it"..."we proclaim..." In verse three they give the reason for their actions. They testified to bring others into fellowship with the Lord. Doc's sermon Sunday was about how we need to testify to what He has done in our own lives. I know personally I pray for more boldness to share Him. I pray for more opportunities to share Him. I was thinking this morning about how I was told 'if you don't use it, you will lose it' when it comes to my MS. I thought about how there are many believers who say they don't know anyone who isn't a Christian. To that I say 'you aren't living right.' We all have someone in our little world who is not a believer. Even if it is the cashier at the store you go into regularly or the waitress who serves you a meal. There are people all around us who need to hear our story about what He has done for us. "I don't have time" is another excuse people use for not sharing Jesus. If we don't take the time to share Him on this earth, He may decide to not take the time with us for eternity. Ouch! There is a part of the song "Testify" that I can relate to so much...

Wave after wave
As deep calls to deep
Oh, I'll reveal my mystery
As soon as you start to let go


My testimony of the nine months the Lord had me out of commission physically is one that goes right along with this. He took me deeper in my relationship with Him and He revealed to me new things in the end. New things are not always easy nor are they ones we want to experience but when one knows they are living in the will of God new things are OK. In fact, new things can be a blessing when we embrace them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the opportunities You give me to share Your love. Thank You for the way You not only gave me this new way of life but You also gave me the desire to embrace it. Lord, today I pray You will fill me to overflowing with more of Your words, actions, attitude and vision. I pray for all who see or hear me today to know You are the One in control of my life. I also pray for those believers who are afraid to testify. Give them II Timothy 1:7 to strengthen them. I also pray for those believers who think someone else will share You so they don't have to. Lord, open their eyes to the blessings of testifying! Thank You Jesus for being My Story. Amen.

No comments: