Saturday, March 18, 2017

Matthew 6:26 - "Sparrow"


I love opening the door to let Mordecei out in the mornings and hearing the birds singing. It gives me such joy. As I think about birds I am reminded they are cared for by our Heavenly Father in some pretty amazing ways. Through storms, rain, drought, etc. He cares for them. That is exactly what He does for humans. He cares for us through the mountains and the valleys of life. In Matthew 6:26 in The Message it reads that the birds are "not tied down to a job description." In several other transitions that part reads, "they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns." Birds have no worries. They do not fret over what may or may not happen. According to one commentary...

"...they fill the grove with music, and meet the coming light of the morning with their songs, and pour their notes on the zephyrs of the evening, unanxious about the supply of their needs; yet how few die with hunger! How regularly are they fed from the hand of God! How he ministers to their unnumbered wants! How cheerfully and regularly are their necessities supplied!"

Wow! I love the word picture this gives. The birds are a prime example of how we, as humans, need to approach life. We need to be joyful in the knowledge He cares for us and supplies our needs. We need to sing His praises throughout the day no matter what we are going through. Jason Gray sings a song called "Sparrows" that says it all...

if He can hold the world He can hold this moment
not a field nor flower escapes His notice
Oh even the sparrow
Knows He holds tomorrow


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning just how much You care for me. Father, I praise Your Holy Name for the way You provide not only for our needs but also for some of our wants. Lord, encourage those who need encouraged today. I pray for the pastor with the meeting with the DS. I pray for my friend who is looking for another job. I pray for my friend going through through medical testing. I pray for my husband who needs a physical healing. Lord, be so real to these ones. Enable them to see You are there to take care of their needs. I can't physically be with them but I pray my written word will encourage them. Lord, be my words, actions, attitude and vision throughout this day. May people see You instead of me. Thank You Father for being My Caretaker. Amen.


No comments: