Thursday, March 23, 2017

I John 1:7 - "Shine"


When I woke up during the night a song Jeremy Camp sings "Shine" was going through my mind. The Lord had me praying for people inside the church who think they are OK with Him yet are not. He told me to pray for those who grew up in the church and think they have nothing else to learn. He also had me pray for those who are in churches that are not teaching the Truth. My heart breaks for people in such circumstances. Some get caught up in the emotion of things and lose site of the real meaning. I want to know Him in a way in which He will be glorified in all I do. The desire of my heart is for Him to be heard through my words and seen through my actions. As the song goes, I walk in His light so I can "shine bright." That is the only way others will come into relationship with Him. It is also the only way those who know Him will go deeper in their relationship with Him.

And Your glory shines all around us
Your faithfulness shown for all to see
When we think of all of Your wonders
The beauty of Your plan that's been revealed
When we walk in Your light, we walk in it

Shine bright, let Your glory fill this land
Lift high, the King of Kings and great I am
Jesus, You are the way
You are the way


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of this song. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ways You will bless me today. Father, I pray for physical strength throughout this day. I pray my tiredness will not be a distraction for what You desire of me. Lord, I also pray for those You had me praying for during the night. Be very real to those who 'know' You but are not in a relationship where they truly know You. This morning I pray for a couple of families in distress with situations in their homes. I pray there will be people surrounding them with Your love. I pray they will draw closer to You throughout these tough times instead of falling away. Thank You Jesus for being My Light. Amen.


No comments: