Friday, March 24, 2017

Matthew 28:19-20 - "Jesus Saves"


The Lord woke me up singing a song Jeremy Camp sings called "Jesus Saves"...

Shout it out to let all the world know
That Jesus saves

This is what all believers are to do, not just pastors. We are all called to fulfill the Great Commission. In The Message the Great Commission reads, "Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I’ll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.” In verses sixteen and seventeen we read about how the disciples worshiping Him when they saw Him yet they "held back, not sure about worship, about risking themselves totally"(MSG). That happens every day in believers as they hold back their worship. They are afraid of what someone will say or how they may react to them. Or them are afraid of allowing the Holy Spirit to have full reign in their lives. Once a person gives into a life of holiness they will no longer worry about what others think. They will realize Jesus is the Only One to please. It then will be when they realize true worship. I pray for those who are not in relationship with Him to find Him. I also pray for those who know Him to go further into their relationship so they can have the freedom of true worship. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for dying on the cross so I could live. Thank You for giving me Your love, grace and mercy in abundance. Thank You for the opportunities You provide for me to share Your love with others. Father, I pray it is Your will for us to experience some newness in our church. I pray You will open doors to hearts to You in a brand new way. Father, please fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You instead of me today. Be my words, actions, attitude and vision. Thank You for being My Savior. Amen.

No comments: