Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I John 1:1-4 - "What A Beautiful Name"


"What a beautiful name it is, what a beautiful name it is, the name of Jesus Christ my King..." These words were on my mind when I was woke up with the storm last night and then again this morning. I told the children last night when they find themselves in a situation they are afraid or just don't know what to do all they have to do is say His name, Jesus. He is always there to love on us. I love how they are sponges soaking in about Him. It is a blessing to see what they remember from week to week. I also love how two brothers stayed after activities for over an hour just talking. It brought back memories of when my boys were growing up and still at home. It seems like that was just yesterday. I also thought about how I had Lucille Hill to talk to after school when my Momma was working and my Daddy was still out on the farm. She would make me a cup of hot tea and give me saltine crackers for a snack. They had little money but she sure had a lot of love to give. I pray I am a person children and teens have fond memories of sharing life with. I pray our home feels like an inviting place to come to. Most of all I pray they remember Jesus through me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for the opportunities of today which You will turn into blessings! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Lord, Your name is One I have been repeating over and over throughout the days. I am grateful for the encouragement this act gives me. I also am grateful for the way You are always with me. Father, wherever You lead today I will go. Be my words, actions, attitude and vision throughout this day. May You shine through me in a mighty way! Thank You for answering prayers yesterday not only in my own life but in different ones I have been praying for. Thank You for open doors You provided and closed doors You shut. Lord, this morning I pray for just that in a situation a friend is dealing with. I pray for the truth to come out and for You to somehow be glorified in this ugly situation. Thank You Jesus for being My Word of Life. Amen.

No comments: