Monday, March 13, 2017

II Peter 1:19 - "What A Beautiful Name"


"What A Beautiful Name" is going through my head this morning. The name of Jesus is a beautiful name. When one says it, there is power in it. There is a part that I needed reminded of today...

You have no rival, You have no equal
Now and forever, God You reign
Yours is the Kingdom, Yours is the glory
Yours is the Name, above all names

The enemy may work his best to cause havoc in lives but he is "no equal" to Jesus. The enemy's name does not have the same power as Jesus' name. The enemy himself does not have the power Jesus has. I think the more the enemy fights us the more we need to call out Jesus' name. The enemy has not and can not accomplish what Jesus has and can. There is no power in the enemy's name. The truth of Jesus' death and resurrection cannot be compared to anything the enemy has done. 

Death could not hold You, the veil tore before You
You silenced the boast, of sin and grave
The heavens are roaring, the praise of Your glory
For You are raised to life again

In II Peter 1 Peter describes how prophecy was confirmed to him and the other disciples. Peter encourages all to stay focused on God's Word. It will enable us to be living right in the days leading up to the Lord's return. This morning I was thinking about how the disciples experienced Jesus being on earth with them. We can't experience him in human form until we get to heaven but we can experience living in a relationship where we hear His voice. In order to be in such relationship we first must accept Him into our heart. Then we must go a step further and allow Him to be King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life. He must be the One we listen to. He must be the One who directs our every thought and action. His name must be the name we call on for strength and power. The desire of His heart is to have everyone call upon Him. The desire of my heart is to please Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from this song this morning. Thank You for the power You give through the utterance of Your name. I pray for the enemy to be knocked down today when he comes knocking. I pray for Your name to be on my lips throughout the day. Lord, empower me to be greater than anything the enemy brings my way. Fill my words, actions, attitude and vision with more of You. May You flow from me abundantly so people will see You instead of me. Lord, I continue to pray for a healing in my husband. I pray for Your strength to be his in abundance...physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and most of all spiritually. Thank You Jesus for being My Beautiful! Amen.

No comments: