Thursday, March 30, 2017

I John 3:1a - "Hello, My Name Is"


Matthew West's Song "Hello, My Name Is" has a part that goes like this...

What love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called His children
I am a child of the one true King

These words come I John 3. I love verse three of this Scripture that reads, "All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as He is pure" (NIV). Woo hoo! That is so exciting to know when we have Him, we not only have Hope of eternal life but also the concept we can be pure. When we repent and accept Him into our hearts, our past is washed away and we are purified. Every day we need to repent before Him so we can live a life of purity. Verse six tells us "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning" (NIV). Intentional or blatant sin is no longer a part of one's life when they are living a life of holiness. A person who lives this life is called "righteous" in verse seven. In order to be a child of God one must love with Jesus' love. That even includes people who do not want to be loved or people who do not love you.  The song continues...

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I've been saved, I've been changed, I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King

Amen! It is all because of His love, mercy and grace that we can be 'changed' and 'set free' from our past. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that encourages me to be bold with Your love to draw more people into Your Kingdom. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace that cleansed me. Father, forgive me of anything I did yesterday that was not part of Your will. Forgive me for opportunities I might have missed to share Your love yesterday. Lord, fill me with more of Your words, actions, attitude, vision and love so people will see You in me. Lord, I pray for Doc. Maybe the reason it is called a stress test is all the stress one feels beforehand. Give him Your peace and strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Life Changer! Amen.

No comments: