Wednesday, March 29, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "Just Say Jesus"


After getting woke up at 3:30 I could not go back to sleep. I started praying for different ones who are going through tough times...

  • We Are Messengers with their recent accident and loss of their bus, equipment, personal items, etc.
  • the parents burying their sixteen year old son today due to an asthma attack
  • the young girls last night that are suffering with rejection
  • my Momma with her health issues
  • a couple large families with very sick children
  • a friend awaiting cervical surgery
  • some people who are not living for the Lord
  • a pastor going through some difficult times with their church
I still couldn't go to sleep after praying so I asked God who else I was to pray for and His reply was "Yourself, Daughter. How many times do you need to read James 1:2-4? You say it but you are not living it out. Your crabbiness is unnecessary and only making you more miserable." Ouch! So I prayed for myself to have a better attitude. I prayed the Lord would enable me to not fret over things that are not my responsibility. I prayed for Him to shield my eyes from people who don't like me. I prayed for Him to overpower my humanness with His love so it would shine through me no matter the circumstances. After I finished those prayers I thought about how I told the children a few weeks ago in a Tuesday night lesson about how when we get into a tough spot all we have to do is just say the name of Jesus and He would bring comfort. When I asked them last night about it, many hollered out "Jesus"! What a blessing that was but also what a great reminder to me! Throughout this day I will call upon Him when I feel the crabbiness kicking in. Although I pray I don't need to for that reason. I pray there will be no phone calls about medication or insurance issues. But if they do I will remember this song that came to my mind during the night...

When you don't know what to say
Just say Jesus
There is power in the name
The name of Jesus
If the words won't come cause you're too afraid to pray
Just say Jesus

Whisper it now, or shout it out
However it comes out, He hears your cry
Out of nowhere He will come
You gotta believe it
He will rescue you
Just call out to the way, the truth, the life

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for giving me Your Word to be reminded of! Lord, today is a new day and I pray it will be a different day. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to be so real to me today. I pray for Your words, actions, vision and most of all attitude to show through me today. Fill me to overflowing with more of You, Father. Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen.

No comments: