Saturday, March 11, 2017

II Peter 1:5-9 - "I Lift My Hands Up"


I like what Peter says about how to live so "no grass will grow under your feet." He gives the understanding of what it takes to live so "no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus." One must not only have faith but they also must live that faith out. When times get tough, we must dig deeper into God's Word and pray. When we are faced with difficult situations, we must look to God and listen to His voice for direction. As we go through life there will be people who will make us feel unloved but instead of responding in the same manner we must love them with His love. All of the qualities mentioned in this Scripture are ones we need to take on in our spirit each and every day. They will complement each other to develop the person the Lord so desires us to be. The more we take on these qualities of Christ, the more we will become Christ-like and fulfill our purpose on this earth. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of Your Word this morning. As I look to this day I wonder who You will put in my path to exercise Your love on. I pray for all who hear or see me today to know You are the very essence of my life. I pray for people to desire You because of the faith they see I have in You. Lord, fill me to overflowing so Your actions, words, attitude and vision flow from me. I pray for physical strength for this day but most of all I pray for spiritual strength. May my tank be full throughout the entire day! Thank You Jesus for being My Essence. Amen.


No comments: